Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ready For Change!!!!

 GOODBYE FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!

     Beginning January 2013 I will be shutting off my Facebook account. I have set a goal of 6 months to go Facebook free but depending on this it could become a permant thing. We shall see.

      I made this decision over the past weekend for numerous reasons. The first reason is I find myself checking Facebook first thing when I wake up, last thing I do before bed, there are hours during the day that check it every 10-15 minutes as though something major might have happened. The second reason is because it has started to bring me down as a person. I want to surround myself with positive and encouraging things, as well as with people who love me not just people I knew at one time. Thirdly, Sam's aunts and mother were in town and it was nice being so involved with activities with them that Facebook never crossed my mind. Now, the last reason is the most important, I have an amazing little boy who is absorbing anything and everything that I am willing and able teaching him. He is changing daily and I can miss things in a blink of an eye. So, why do I continue to waste and risk valuable moments with him to check and see if anything new has happened on Facebook.

     To further explain how bad my addiction to Facebook is I will tell you Sam's reaction to my telling him. Omid was napping in our bed, I was sitting next to him. Sam walks in the room to change before we went out some where. As he walks by me I exclaim "starting January 1st I am turning off my Facebook." He turns around and grabs his chest as though he is having a heart attack. Ok that was funny right?  He continues to pretend to have a heart attack for a good minute and a half. If anyone knows my obsession it is Sam. I can't even tell you how many times he will try to be telling me something and I will completely miss it because I am on Facebook. Anyways, so after he stops having his heart attack he simply asks why. I tell him my reasons and because he is such the loving man that he is he tells me how awesome it is and that he is excited for me.

So family and friends this blog is for you. It is here and available for you to be able to see the wonderful things happening in our lives and to continue to see Omid grow up in to a wonderful, loving, and brilliant young man.


No comments:

Post a Comment