Friday, January 11, 2013

Life so far in 2013

Ok so I have been Facebook free for 11 days!!!! Woo-hoo. I won't lie when I checked to see what the date was I was a little sad that it was only the 11th. It has been hard. Some days more than others. I do miss knowing what's going on with some people but I am not miss the immaturity and stupidity of some of the people that I allowed as friends on my Facebook. I will say that if I decide to rejoin the Facebook community there will be a cleanse of my friends list. Sam has always asked why I was friends with some of these people and I never had a good answer other than I met them or knew them at some point in my life. They were acquaintances that I added as friends. They are people that if Facebook wasn't around I would have no idea what is going on with them and that would be just fine.
So what has changed since getting rid of Facebook?
Well I am finding myself turning to my phone a lot only to then realize just how much I checked Facebook. 99% of the time it is out of boredom and habit. I am now reading more about things that are actually happening in the world, I am on Pinterest more often, but most importantly I am interacting and playing with Omid more.
So Omid is a crazy little boy. He learns so much so fast yet he doesn't like to show or do it until he perfects it. I have kind of known this since the beginning. The first time I realized this was with rolling over. Me being a first time mom was concerned because a couple friends who have kids younger than Omid were showing videos of their child rolling over. I was concerned so I started trying to get Omid to do it. Well literally within an hour of me first trying to get him to do it he had it down. Not only could he do it he was super fast and was rolling over in both directions. The same thing happened with crawling. One day he was moving a hand and a knee the next day he is flying across the living room. Walking as well. He has been walking for awhile but hadn't learned how to stand up on his own. He was having to pull up on things to get into walking position so crawling was easier. So on a Thursday morning Sam left to go out of town real early and that day I found Omid in a corner of to my side where I wouldn't easily see him practicing standing up. Sam came home Saturday afternoon to a son that no longer crawls.
Omid loves loves loves music. I will never be able to say it enough for everyone to understand until you see the joy in his eyes as he is listening, dancing, and screaming from excitement. He claps, and swings his arms up and down, side to side, falls down and gets back up, he grins from ear to ear and screams in excitement over music. I have been around kids and I have never seen any of them respond as he does. I hope with all my heart that he will always find such joy in music.
Also with this no Facebook I have actually talked to more people via phone, Skype or texting than I normally would. I know texting is still not a good way to keep in touch with people but it is better than nothing. I can actually say I have talked to everyone of my siblings on the phone at least once already this year. That is a pretty big accomplishment. I want to continue keeping in touch with all of them. I am learning more and more every year just how much I love my gigantic family and how much I miss them.

So with all of that said we have some exciting news. Omid is going to be a big brother. We are expecting and are going to be adding a new little one to our family in August. We are very excited for this. It is especially exciting for me because I am going through this along with my sister Joanna who is pregnant. She is about 3-4 weeks ahead of me so we are excited to be on this journey together. She is having way worse morning sickness than I am but she is being a trooper about it. We have gotten a lot closer over the years but this is bringing us even closer. We are texting or skyping everyday which I love.

To end I just wanted to give you so recent photos.









4 comments:

  1. Love you!! And I am so excited that we are pregnant at the same time. I hope your route is easier than mine has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new little one Nessa. That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete